× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR R6400 Driver

MonroeOptical
Aspirant

NETGEAR R6400 Driver

Where is the driver for this?  We recently bought an Optovue machine, and it has a Netgear R6400 in it, but it says there is no driver installed, and it cannot be found online.  When I donwload it from this sit (a zip file) it still says that the driver is not found in the firmware file.  Help please!  I have cords running in the hallway where patients walk, and this is a safety hazard.  Even the lady from the company that set up the machine could not figure it out.

Thanks.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: NETGEAR R6400 Driver

@MonroeOptical wrote:

Where is the driver for this?  We recently bought an Optovue machine, and it has a Netgear R6400 in it

An R6400 is a router. It acts as a link to bits of kit on a network, either on a wired LAN or with wifi.

NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400 User Manual

It isn't something that you find "in" something else.

Nor is the R6400 something that comes with "drivers" that you have to install.

If the Optovue connects to a PC, then that will probably need drivers.

What are you trying to do? Use wifi to connect a piece of equipment via the R6400?

Maybe you could explain what is going on here so that the expert can help.

real

If you bought this kit as a bundle from a supplier, they really should be the people who advise on how to get it to work.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@MonroeOptical wrote:

Where is the driver for this?  We recently bought an Optovue machine, and it has a Netgear R6400 in it

An R6400 is a router. It acts as a link to bits of kit on a network, either on a wired LAN or with wifi.

NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Model R6400 User Manual

It isn't something that you find "in" something else.

Nor is the R6400 something that comes with "drivers" that you have to install.

If the Optovue connects to a PC, then that will probably need drivers.

What are you trying to do? Use wifi to connect a piece of equipment via the R6400?

Maybe you could explain what is going on here so that the expert can help.

real

If you bought this kit as a bundle from a supplier, they really should be the people who advise on how to get it to work.

Message 2 of 3
MonroeOptical
Aspirant

I realize now that I don't think this piece of equipment has wifi capability without an adapter.  I now installed a WLAN adapter, and it's still saying that a driver can't be found for that either!  I'm going to contact the Optovue people, because really this is their issue.  Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7