× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6220 Router - Cannot See WD MYCLOUD Network Drive

DarrenCG
Tutor

R6220 Router - Cannot See WD MYCLOUD Network Drive

I have recently swapped over to an R6220 Router. All works fine except I cannot see my WD Mycloud Network Drive. The drive was visible and worked fine on my old Router.

All the LED's on the WD Drive are as they should be indicating it's on and connected, but the item does not appear on my Windows 10 Laptop under 'Network', Network Discovery is turned on, if I login to the Router it's not listed as a connected device and using the suggested WD method to discover the drive comes back nothing is connected.  All the SMB 1.0 options are checked under windows features, which I know can cause issues.

Given all the above I'm thinking it must be a setting in the router.

Anyone experienced this issue or might know what the cause may be?

Thanks

D.

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R6220 Router - Cannot See WD MYCLOUD Network Drive

Try putting the netgear in AP mode. You'll lose its routing function and have to rely on the sagecom for router but will still be able to use its wireless and ethernet ports. But it'll put all your devices on the same subnet. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

How are you connecting the wd mycloud to the netgear? usb or ethernet? 

I'm not sure as you didn't include a model number for the WD. 

Firwmare on your router?

What modem are you using? 

Is your windows 10 device setup for "public or private"? 

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-network-profile-public-private-windows-10/

Are any other devices having issues or just the laptop? 

Message 2 of 7
DarrenCG
Tutor

I am connecting via Ethernet

It's a WD My Cloud 2TB

There is no make or model on the Modem/Router supplied by our ISP, but I think it's a Thomson.

Windows 10 Laptop is set up as Private, but have tried with Public also.

Everything else works just fine.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

@DarrenCG wrote:

I am connecting via Ethernet

It's a WD My Cloud 2TB

There is no make or model on the Modem/Router supplied by our ISP, but I think it's a Thomson.-----Is it a modem/router? Are you in a double nat situation? that can cause situations like you're experiencing.  

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Windows 10 Laptop is set up as Private, but have tried with Public also.

Everything else works just fine.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenCG
Tutor

I think you may be on to something here, but seems the Modem/Router from the ISP, which I have now identified as a Sagemcom 2704n, doesn't have any option to change to Bridge mode.

I'll be moving in about 4 weeks and changing to an ISP that uses fixed wireless Technology (rather than ADSL), so the issue should hopefully be resolved then as I'll just use the Netgear Router, but is there anyway round this in the meantime.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Try putting the netgear in AP mode. You'll lose its routing function and have to rely on the sagecom for router but will still be able to use its wireless and ethernet ports. But it'll put all your devices on the same subnet. 

Message 6 of 7
DarrenCG
Tutor

Sorted, thank you.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements