× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to use Airdrop on my MacBook Pro 13in Retina 2014 since using R6200 router

jmclh
Aspirant

Unable to use Airdrop on my MacBook Pro 13in Retina 2014 since using R6200 router

Router firmware V1.1.00.14 .Airdrop works using old Plusnet Technicolor router. Interestingly the Airdrop still works between iPhone and iPad on both routers.Tried emailing Netgear support who at initial telephone support suggetsed I tried the old router and then reply - this I did but theyhave not replied to my second email as router just out of warranty by a few days. I am not impressed by their support.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Unable to use Airdrop on my MacBook Pro 13in Retina 2014 since using R6200 router

Hi @jmclh,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Unable to use Airdrop on my MacBook Pro 13in Retina 2014 since using R6200 router

Hi @jmclh,

1. Can the MacBook Pro ping the other devices (iPhone and iPad)?

2. Has it worked before?

3. Have you tried turning off the firewall on the MacBook Pro?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 8
jmclh
Aspirant

Thank you for your response,

I have tried turning off the Firewall on the Macbook - no improvement.

It has not worked ever- except on the old (non Netgear) router

I tried pingiing the iPhone with this response

^C
--- 192.168.0.5 ping statistics ---
32 packets transmitted, 29 packets received, 9.4% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 29.648/137.042/312.671/79.414 ms
Jonathans-MacBook-Pro:~ Jonathan$

Does that give any clues ?

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jmclh,

Is the model number of your router R6200v2? If yes, please try updating the firmware to the latest version (1.0.3.10) then reset and reconfigure the router. You may refer to the links below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23960
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 8
jmclh
Aspirant

Hi DexterJB,

I think my model is V1 - using Netgear Genie indicates that the firmware is V1.1.00.14 and this is the latest version. Should I still do a factory reset ?

Message 5 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jmclh,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 8
jmclh
Aspirant

I have just re-tried Airdrop and it appears to be working on my phone and IOS devices- totally inexplicable but I am delighted, thank you for your support

Message 7 of 8
jmclh
Aspirant

I have just re-tried Airdrop and it appears to be working on my phone and IOS devices- totally inexplicable but I am delighted, thank you for your support.

Jonathan

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7