× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Manually turning off wi-fi messes up turning on wireless signal by schedule.

CBanse
Aspirant

Manually turning off wi-fi messes up turning on wireless signal by schedule.

I programmed my AC1450 to shut off wi-fi at 11pm and turn on at 6 am daily. It works as programmed...as long as I do not manually press the wi-fi on-off button on the side of the unit. If I do turn it off manually during the day, it will not turn on the next morning as programmed. My Netgear WNR1000 router never had a problem not following the programmed on-off times when I manually turned off the wi-fi.

Note that at the time I installed the AC1450 router, I also changed the modem from a SB-6121 to a SB-6141. However, I don't think that the modem change would affect the router. The current software version in the AC1450 is V1.0.0.36_10.0.17. According to Netgear Genie, "No new firmware version available".

I have two computers hard-wired to the router (a win8.1 laptop and a win 7 desktop). I tried programming on both using ethernet and wifi (on different days).  I also tried programming from my phone (Verizon Moto x w/Android 5.1).

Model: AC1450|Gigabit Smart WiFi router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Manually turning off wi-fi messes up turning on wireless signal by schedule.

Per router specs according to our engineers, pushing the WiFi button takes precedence. 

So, the scheduling is ignored once you push the on/off WiFi button. 

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
CBanse
Aspirant

Re: Manually turning off wi-fi messes up turning on wireless signal by schedule.

Additional info.  My issue applies only to the 2.4GHz radio.  The 5 GHZ radio is turned off as I do not have any devices that operate on 5GHz.

Message 2 of 11
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @CBanse

Will you experience the problem if you downgrade the firmware version of the router?

Try to downgrade the firmware to 1.0.0.34.

Message 3 of 11
CBanse
Aspirant

I will try that and report back in a few days. Thanks for your response.
Message 4 of 11
CBanse
Aspirant

I changed the software version to 1.0.0.34_10.0.16. Tested it for two nights. Manually turning off the router's wi-fi before scheduled shutdown continues to result in wi-fi not turning on as per the schedule. Any other suggestions?
Message 5 of 11
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Let me check on other suggestions. 

I hope others can jump in and verify if it's the same case for them.

Message 6 of 11
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I suggest that you also register your device for us to log a case. 

Message 7 of 11
CBanse
Aspirant

I bought this used (at Goodwill). The receipt does not identify the product. It is likely out of warranty.
Message 8 of 11
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Per router specs according to our engineers, pushing the WiFi button takes precedence. 

So, the scheduling is ignored once you push the on/off WiFi button. 

Message 9 of 11
CBanse
Aspirant

Thanks for the research. I'll have to decide whether to keep the AC1450 (which otherwise works great) or stay with my SB 6141 (which is still working very well) which has programming that is not affected by manually turning the unit on and off.
Message 10 of 11
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome. 

Have a great day!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7