× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Two of my three wifi networks not showing up

Greyhoundmom
Tutor

Two of my three wifi networks not showing up

I have three networks set up for my WNDR3700v2 wifi router. They were all working this morning and now two of them aren't. The one that is working is a 5ghz network. The two that suddenly aren't working are the 2.4GHz network and the guest network. I have tried unplugged the router and restarted and nothing changed. 

I honestly dont understand most of what is on the Netgear SmartWizard as my ex set it up. I would appreciate any help to figure this out!

Model: WNDR3700v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Greyhoundmom
Tutor

Re: Two of my three wifi networks not showing up

Thank you! Those would have been good things to try!  I just went out and bought a new router. 🙂 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
Greyhoundmom
Tutor

So for some reason, by iphone, ipad and Macbook will all connect through the 5GHz network, but my streaming media box and Samsung security camera won't. I'm baffled as to how it works on some devices and not others. Thank you for any suggestions you can offer!

Message 2 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Greyhoundmom,

Welcome to the community!

1. Is the 2.4GHz LED lit up on the front panel of the router?

2. Not all devices are capable of detecting the 5GHz band. Check if the device specification indicates that it is dual band (can connect to 2.4GHz and 5GHz).

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 3 of 7
Greyhoundmom
Tutor

Thank you so much for your response! Yes, the 2.4GHz light is lit and steady. I did not know about the dual band! That is probably the reason then. This router is fairly old, so I'm thinking then that it is just failing?

Message 4 of 7
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Could be failing, You can try and do a hard reset but it will give it its default SSID(wifi name) and password that is located on the bottom label of the router. You'll also have to run the setup again to detect your internet. Besides that, you can try and see if there's a firmware upgrade for your router and maybe that can fix it. If not, it's time for a new router.

Message 5 of 7
Greyhoundmom
Tutor

Thank you! Those would have been good things to try!  I just went out and bought a new router. 🙂 

Message 6 of 7
wcalifas831
Prodigy

your streaming box and samsung camera won't connect to the 5ghz wifi because they only operate on the 2.4ghz band only.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7