Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS336G Successor

Andi12
Aspirant

FVS336G Successor

Hello,

we have some FVS336G models in our company (v2 and v3). Currently it's not possible to purchase new ones. Are they end of life?

Which is the successor product of this model? We ar searching for a IPSec router with xAuth

Kind Regards

Andi

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Andi12,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, we are not producing any of our firewalls anymore. We still don't have any information if they will be releasing new firewall products. Even if this has been stopped in production, we are still providing support on this products.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Andi12
Aspirant

Hello JohnCarlo,

the support is one side. The other side is we have about 20 Netgear Prosafe devices for Small Office connection and they are really great and easy to configure. We don't have administrators locally there and not IT experts at the locations can import our configuration files there and everything works fine afterwards. So we were really happy with the Prosafe family. And actually we need a new one for a new location and we cannot purchase one! This is not very good. 

And there are not very much WAN IPSec routers that support xAuth. 

So to all community members:

Do you have good experinces with WAN IPsec routers that suppot xAuth from other manufacturers? Which ones?

Regards Andi12

Message 3 of 6
rmilling
Aspirant

I searched the Netgear site and I still do not see any information about a successor product for the ProSAFE VPN Firewalls such as FVS336Gv3.

Any updates?

Message 4 of 6
train_wreck
Luminary

Nope, they've given up. Business routers were too hard, apparently. You'll need to look for a new vendor.

Message 5 of 6
TonyArgh
Aspirant

Today I learned Netgear is out of the Router business. Wow...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements