Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 Issue with SSL VPN Port Forwarding Not Working

Jeremyh
Follower

SRX5308 Issue with SSL VPN Port Forwarding Not Working

We have an SRX5308 VPN Firewall, and I'm trying to setup a SSL VPN Port Forwarding capability. I just want to access 1 or 2 servers, using 1 port, so I'm testing with only one. I think I have things setup properly, and I can go to the web address, and log in. Once I do, however, I'm presented with a round icon to Connect Using Port Forwarding, but when I click on it, either nothing happens, or it says it needs IE 64 bit to work. Is Internet Explorer 64 bit the only browser that will work with this? I've tried Edge and Chrome, as well as IE on Windows 10. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is there, perhaps, a way to manually download/install this piece, without using the browser?

If this capability no longer works, is there a way to emulate it using a split tunnnel SSL VPN? I'm pretty new to this, so the configuration of that confused me. Again, all I want to use the VPN for is to let a remote user access one or two IP addresses via one port.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 Issue with SSL VPN Port Forwarding Not Working

@Jeremyh,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I think I have things setup properly, and I can go to the web address, and log in. Once I do, however, I'm presented with a round icon to Connect Using Port Forwarding, but when I click on it, either nothing happens, or it says it needs IE 64 bit to work. Is Internet Explorer 64 bit the only browser that will work with this? I've tried Edge and Chrome, as well as IE on Windows 10. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is there, perhaps, a way to manually download/install this piece, without using the browser?

If this capability no longer works, is there a way to emulate it using a split tunnnel SSL VPN?

Edge and Chrome are not supported.  Kindly access the article below to check the OS/browser combination that were tested working and not working for SSL VPN on ProSAFE VPN Firewall such as the SRX5308.

ProSAFE: SSL VPN Compatibility Matrix (by OS and Browser)

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements