× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS605

ayeeikee
Follower

GS605

So I just bought this switch from Walmart and I’m trying to get the internet to work.
1. I set it up plugged it into the wall.
2.Took my Ethernet Cable and plugged it directly into my gaming pc and the switch itself.
3. My pc says Ethernet doesn’t have valid IP ADDRESS.
(I bought this solely because my pc only allows for wired internet connections but the WiFi box is in another room as that’s the room with the connection.)
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS605

What kind of Internet connection is supplied on these wall boxes in the rooms? Well possible, to have multiple devices connected a NAT router is required. Very likely, your undefined WiFi Box has such a NAT router built-in.

If the Ethernet links are established, the LEDs indicate a connected device (== Ethernet Link active) and the connected device does not receive a valid IP address configured from the DHCP server (either on the NAT router or from the in-house network). Talk the the apartment management or the ISP in charge FMI.

Last, the GS605 is an unmanaged switch, I'll ask a moderator to move this thread to the dedicated section for Unmanaged Switches Forum  to discuss Plug-and-Play Switches - "Unmanaged" in product name.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements