× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DNS Client: no ipv4 or ipv6 address found in response for request id

attilay2k
Aspirant

DNS Client: no ipv4 or ipv6 address found in response for request id

i see a lot of messages like the following one, what happened?

Oct 18 10:30:35 192.168.1.4-1 DNS_CLI[50006492]: dns_client_util.c(1686) 573 %% DNS Client: no ipv4 or ipv6 address found in response for request id 428

Model: GSM5212|M4100-D12G|ProSafe 12 ports gigabit fully managed L2 switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@attilay2k,

I'm glad to know that upgrading the firmware of your M4100-D12G to the latest version helped. 🙂 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@attilay2k,

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Is the M4100-D12G switch still working even though you observed the log messages? 

b. How is everything connected?  It would be best if you post a diagram of your detailed network setup.  Indicate what devices are connected to your M4100-D12G switch.

c. Are there any settings on the switch that you have recently configured or changed?  Or, are there network devices that were removed/replaced within the existing network setup that might have triggered the log messages?  

d. What is the current firmware version of the M4100-D12G switch?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
attilay2k
Aspirant

@DaneA 

thanks for the quick response, please see my answers below

a. Yes, M4100-D12G is working but sometimes some devices doesn't work (cannot navigate through the network), I can't tell you if this happens when one of these messages occurs or not

b. you can find the detailed diagram in the attached pdf, I hope it's enough. In practice the uplink comes from the FritzBox 7590 router; connected to the M4100 there are 3 cameras, a smart TV, and a Netgear switch with PoE ports that power up three Alcatel access points (AP1101)

c. No, I only added the raspberry with the aim of having a graphical evidence (via Sense Hat) of the status of the devices on the network (by parsing the syslog to which the M4100 and the access points are attached) and as a repository of the camera recordings .

d. firmware version is 10.0.2.20

Thanks again, waiting for Your response, regards.

Corrado

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@attilay2k,

Thank you for your feedback. 

Oct 18 10:30:35 192.168.1.4-1 DNS_CLI[50006492]: dns_client_util.c(1686) 573 %% DNS Client: no ipv4 or ipv6 address found in response for request id 428

Referring to the log message and the network diagram you have provided, are the devices within your network have DNS configured?  

d. firmware version is 10.0.2.20

It seems that the current firmware of your M4100-D12G is an old version.  Let us update the firmware of your M4100-D12G to the latest version which is v10.0.2.35 and you can download it here.  Then, observe if the same log messages appear. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
attilay2k
Aspirant

@DaneA 

Hi, 

seems that after upgrading to v10.0.2.35 the problem has disappeared.

I kept checked the syslog messages from the M4100 and in this hour of analysis I didn't find any error message object of this ticket

thanks for your support, I think you can close the ticket

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@attilay2k,

I'm glad to know that upgrading the firmware of your M4100-D12G to the latest version helped. 🙂 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements