× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Link Aggregation between GSM7224R and M4100-50G-POE+ setup help

tensi0n519
Tutor

Link Aggregation between GSM7224R and M4100-50G-POE+ setup help

I have two switches, M4100-50G-POE+ and GSM7224R . I am trying to set up link aggregation between both of them using the last 4 ethernet ports on each. I'm not exactly sure as to what needs to be set on both of the switches to get this to work.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tensi0n519,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let me share the article below and use it as your reference guide: 

How to configure LAG between two NETGEAR managed switches?

If your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tensi0n519,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let me share the article below and use it as your reference guide: 

How to configure LAG between two NETGEAR managed switches?

If your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
tensi0n519
Tutor

Thanks for the response and linking the guide. I followed all of the instructions on the guide. The only thing it does not mention is which "Hash Mode" I should use. When I set up the lag per the guide, the switches are unable to talk to each other so I feel like something is still not set up right. The M4100 shows that the LAG is up but I am unable to connect to the GSM7224R switch now. The cat6 cables I'm using are in good order as well.

Message 3 of 5
tensi0n519
Tutor

I was able to fix the issue. Turns out it was a firmware issue. Had to update the firmware on both switches and they work as they should now. Thanks again for your help.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tensi0n519,

You're welcome! 🙂  I'm glad that you were able to upgrade the firmware of both switches and got it working. 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements