× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M4100 Auto-VoIP vlan 2

Andy_Bee
Aspirant

M4100 Auto-VoIP vlan 2

The Auto-VoIP factory-configured vlan 2 is causing me a major headache. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to turn off the Auto-VoIP feature for vlan 2.  I found a method circulating for another model switch, where you visit Switching--Auto-VoIP--and change the Auto-VoIP vlan ID to another vlan that is unused. That did nothing for me on this M4100-26-POE.

How can I add the M4100-26-POE into an environment where vlan 2 is highly utilized, but not for VoIP applications?  It seems to work if I use vlan2 as the management vlan, but as soon as I switch to a different vlan for switch management, it breaks everything and I can no longer add ports to vlan 2 in vlan membership.

I cannot simply reconfigure the network beyond my department, which is configured with several critical devices on vlan 2.

Model: M4100-26-POE (FSM7226P)|ProSafe 26 ports fully managed L2 switch with PoE
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
jacky_zhw
Tutor

Hi Andy,

Is your version the official latest release? The latest official version of Auto-VoIP vlan is 0, if the situation allows you to upgrade to the latest version and try again.

The latest firmware is 10.0.2.30.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
jacky_zhw
Tutor

Hi Andy,

Is your version the official latest release? The latest official version of Auto-VoIP vlan is 0, if the situation allows you to upgrade to the latest version and try again.

The latest firmware is 10.0.2.30.

Message 2 of 4
Andy_Bee
Aspirant

Thank you for suggesting that. -and no, it's not the latest version. Time for an update. Hopefully this will align this switch more with my other newer M4100-50's. They have like you said, Auto-Voip by default to 0.

Message 3 of 4
Andy_Bee
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your insight. This was an immediate and direct fix to the issue that I was having.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements