× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M4300 - Jumbo Frames

muzicman82
Aspirant

M4300 - Jumbo Frames

Hi all,

I am using a M4300 for NDI video and one of the recommendations for NDI is to disable Jumbo Frames. I do just set the frame size to 1518 for all ports? It appears that they are all set to 9198 by default... or am I looking at something else (Switching -> Ports -> Port Configuration)?

Or does this not matter if the connected device is also not configured to use jumbo frames?

Model: GSM4328S|M4300-28G - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x1G and 4x10G including 2x10GBASE-T and 2xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: M4300 - Jumbo Frames

@muzicman82,

I am using a M4300 for NDI video and one of the recommendations for NDI is to disable Jumbo Frames.

As far as I have checked the M4300 user manual here, it seems there is no option to disable Jumbo Frames.  

Or does this not matter if the connected device is also not configured to use jumbo frames?

I think it doesn't matter.  Let me share this forum thread here I found online.  One of the forum member there (mjgraves) mentioned that the important thing is knowing your bandwidth needs across each link.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements