× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SNTP configuration commands

SecretSquirl
Aspirant

SNTP configuration commands

Hello everyone,

I am a Senior Network Administrator for a big company and we are replacing our remote sites Switches with the NexGen Model M4500-48XF8C switches. I know about the issue with SSH using port 1234 instead of 22 when upgrading to 7.0.1.24 but thats an easy workaround. My biggest issue is there are no SNTP configurations AT ALL on the switch. Reading the Model M4500-48XF8C CLI command reference guide SNTP is stated (3 times in 1023 pages) as being a supporting feature...but there is no way to configure SNTP settings through CLI. I have ? every possible command and have found nothing remotely close to configuring a time server. Any thoughts?

R/S

SecretSquirl 

Message 1 of 2
MikeD1234
NETGEAR Expert

Re: SNTP configuration commands

Hi @SecretSquirl,

Currently, the M4500 doesn't have an NTP (sntp) option to configure it through command line.

Now, however, when it's connected to the internet, it does retrieve it's time based on your location etc.

I think it would be good, if you contact support, and ask for a feature request to be logged, so that this can be added in future release.

Mike

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements