× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

I need the antenna port size on the board Nighthawk M1(mr1100)US model to attach 4 externals

Tomderp
Star

I need the antenna port size on the board Nighthawk M1(mr1100)US model to attach 4 externals

Hello, 
I would like to know the type of connectors to the numbered(1-4) antennas on the board of the device. I am attaching external antennae and need this size. I have several u.fl but they are larger. 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 5
Tomderp
Star

Re: I need the antenna port size on the board Nighthawk M1(mr1100)US model to attach 4 externals

I assume they are w.fl but I would like confirmation before I commit to new antenna whips

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: I need the antenna port size on the board Nighthawk M1(mr1100)US model to attach 4 externals

They should be TS9 ports on the

https://kb.netgear.com/23901/External-Antennas-for-AirCard-products

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
KarmusDK
Apprentice

The antenna ports are proprietary and Netgear technical support won't tell you. Some Russians have indicated that the connectors are Hirose MS156, but they are a little bigger and won't fit stable, so you would have to press the pin down inside the socket and glue them to the board, like the Telstra lab testers did:

ezgif-3-55f4b7b25e.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Tomderp
Star

Yeah I saw that and tried those, they definitely are not snug. I have the case removed so I am kind of looking for another option. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7