× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB1121 – 4G LTE Modem Port Forwarding

aprwx
Aspirant

LB1121 – 4G LTE Modem Port Forwarding

I've spent several hours trying to get port forwarding set up using the LB1121 – 4G LTE Modem with PoE connected to an Asus router.

I am expecting to connect the modem to the router and have the Asus router perform routing functions, and the modem passing the correct external IP to the router for DDNS reporting.

Trying different setups (bridged, router), I can't seem to get the modem to pass external port forwarding requests to the router. Should this work or can I only do port forwarding if devices are directly connected to the modem? What configuration *should* work if there is one?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
nathankferguson
Initiate

Re: LB1121 – 4G LTE Modem Port Forwarding

I've been trying to do almost the "exact" same thing.

In MY case, I am using an ATT lte sim card as my ISP, and therein lies the culprit.  For me, ATT will not give out a static IP specifically to you so the ports being forwarded are stopping at ATT's discretion in how they share multiple IP addresses with multiple customers to help with IPv4 costs (although supposedly trying to to move to IPv6..who knows).

Because of this, a lot of my servers will claim I have a "double-nat" setup, and cannot see themselves outside the local network.

If you've learned anything past this, please share!

Nathan

Message 2 of 3
aprwx
Aspirant

Re: LB1121 – 4G LTE Modem Port Forwarding

That's interesting, I didn't realize that they could share IPs among different customers. Perhaps thats the issue I'm having with my T-Mobile setup.

I haven't resolved the issue, instead I came up with an acceptable solution for me. I install TeamViewer which allows encrypted access over port 80 (I assume), and then from there I can control a Raspberry Pi that I have running it. From there I am able to do whatever I need. via command line, browser or even php scripts on the Pi.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7