× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

NightHawk MR1100 Shuts Down / Wont Turn Back On

ChrisCraine
Follower

NightHawk MR1100 Shuts Down / Wont Turn Back On

Im having trouble with my Netgear NightHawk MR1100.

Issues: (NOTE BATTERY IS ALMOST FULLY CHARGED) 

1)Shuts Down On Its Own While Charging / While On Battery

2) WIll Not Power Back On Until Battery Is Removed 

Temp Solutions:

1) Plugin USB Charging Cable And Pull The Battery Out, Turn On The Router Then Replace The Battery After Device Has Booted.

2) Factory Reset (Which Allowes The Router To Boot With The Battery In Side, Lasts A Few Uses Then Shuts Down On Its Own Again)

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 2
UK-based
Luminary

Re: NightHawk MR1100 Shuts Down / Wont Turn Back On

This looks like the same or similar problem reported in this thread. There are many other comments above the one I've linked to. However, the conclusion that AlbertMartin came to was that this could be a temperature-related problem. Whether or not this is specific to certain firmware versions or perhaps hardware manufacturing issues isn't clear. If you are running your M1 24/7 in a fixed location, you could take the battery out and just use an upgraded mains charger. This assumes that the mains charger supplied with your M1 was rated at 2A, which is fine for charging the battery but is inadequate to run the M1 reliably on its own. Here's a post I wrote about the need for a charger upgrade. And this is the charger I chose but please do your own research because there are obviously other well-designed chargers on the market.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7