× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M1 public login - data offloading

CPx
Initiate
Initiate

Nighthawk M1 public login - data offloading

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Nighthawk's data offloading with a hotel's WiFi that requires a webpage login?

I can't seem to find any instructions or guidence if this is possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
CP
Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 1 of 4
CPx
Initiate
Initiate

Re: Nighthawk M1 public login - data offloading

Found the solution myself and thought I should update this thread incase anyone else Congress across this.

Yes it is possible, connect to the open hotspot wifi signal via the data offloading page as expected. You may need to drop of WiFi connection (to the M1). On reconnection (may need the device rebooting or data offloading switching off and on), fire up a browser or if by phone enter the sign in page and continue as if you were connected directly to thebpublic hotspot

HTH
Message 2 of 4
bbdpeg
Aspirant

I received my Mobile Router today.  I have been able to data offload using ehternet and my Comcast Business Class internet connection with ease.  I will be traveling internationally next week and wonder if anyone has any experience trying to use a wired ethernet connection on a cruise ship.  The goal is to share the ships internet with my devices while the ship is at sea and use my international data sim while in port.  Like hotels, you must log in thru a ship logon screen to register the device.  Any thoughts about making this work would be greatly appreciated.  Most of the ships cabins have wifi as well as wired ethernet.

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk LTE Mobile Hotspot Router (US)
Message 3 of 4
Ninjaneer80
Aspirant

You shouldn't have any issues getting this to work on the ship using the method  you mentioned 

See page 30 in the manual 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MR1100EE/MR1100EE_UM_EN.pdf

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7