× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Unite Explore 815S DHCP not working

DanielN
Aspirant

Unite Explore 815S DHCP not working

I'm having a problem today where DHCP is not assigning IP addresses and DHCP is turned on.  I have this problem after doing a reset on the device or doing a reset from http://192.168.1.1.  I connect my devices to the Unite Explore and IP address is not given out and I have to assign a static IP address on my device in the 192.168.1.x range for it to work?  Anybody have any ideas why DHCP is not handing out an address?  Even after a full reset and DHCP is on?

Message 1 of 9
DanielN
Aspirant

Re: Unite Explore 815S DHCP not working

Related Topics but for a different model:

AC785 DHCP-Server

AirCard 785S problems: DHCP not working

Message 2 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello DanielN

Have you checked to make sure the aircard has the latest firmware? Have you tried to factory reset the unit and set it up again?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 9
DanielN
Aspirant

Yes I've done the firmware check and it has the latest.  I've also done the factory reset multiple times in the on-screen GUI as well as the web site.  It will not serve out DHCP addresses.  Everything else seems to be functioning if I assign my clients a static IP address.  It is a really weird issue that has caused me to go back to using my Unite Pro.

Does anybody know how to initiate a warranty exchange without paying for Premium Support?

Message 4 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You would have to contact the ISP for the exchange of the aircard.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 9
DanielN
Aspirant

Funny AT&T says go to the manufacturer for warranty of the device.
Message 6 of 9
DanielN
Aspirant

Yes.

Message 7 of 9
DanielN
Aspirant

So it's been more than a month and a bunch of resets and still no DHCP coming from my Unite Explore.  Static IP's set on my clients work fine through the Unite Explore, but it seems like the DHCP daemon on the device is not working.  When I click on Wi-Fi then Devices and then the MAC address of my client device it states 0.0.0.0 for the IP address.  I used a DCHPtest tool and there is no response from my Unite Explore for DHCP requests.... 

https://github.com/CyberShadow/dhcptest

However there is on my old Unite Pro...  I totally believe this is a software issue because the fact that static IP's still works.  Something is lasting through resets that prevents DHCP from working.  Perhaps a full volume or something in the protected NVRAM. 

Message 8 of 9
DanielN
Aspirant

I received an update last Friday from AT&T that fixed this issue.  My firmware went from NTG9X40C_11.14.08.11 (2016/09/01) to NTG9X40C_11.14.08.28 (2017/08/24).

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7