Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Armor subscription transfer from broken ORBI to replacement ORBI PENDING

Piggington
Tutor

Armor subscription transfer from broken ORBI to replacement ORBI PENDING

In January 2023 my Netgear Orbi RBR50 broke and I bought a replacement ORBI RBR50v2.

I had active subscription on Netgear ARMOR on my old broken ORBI and I contacted NETGEAR technical support to transfer my subscription from broken ORBI to a new ORBI. I spoke on the phone with customer support and got a confirmation that this will be done.  

Now two months later, this ticket is still open. I would expect that such a simple transfer would take more than a hour to update it in the system. I have updated the ticket, but it seems that customer service is useless.

Does anyone else managed to transfer subscription from broken ORBI to new one in less time?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Piggington
Tutor

Re: Armor subscription transfer from broken ORBI to replacement ORBI PENDING

Update: Yesterday, March 21st, I got a call from Netgear informing that my ARMOR subscription has finally been transferred from broken ORBI to its replacement. 

Anyway, I have now cancelled my automatic ARMOR subscription renewal and will start using Firewalla instead. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support as this is beyond forum help:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Armor-Help-and-Information/m-p/2211063#M6089

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 4
Piggington
Tutor

Yes, I have contacted the tech support back in January 2023. A ticket was filed and no luck ever since.

I just called the tech support again today. A guy based in Philippines mentioned that my case was escalated to "product support team" in 2/27/2023. I told him that I filed my ticket in January 13th. I asked why the case was escalated like more than one month - he could not answer. 

Message 3 of 4
Piggington
Tutor

Update: Yesterday, March 21st, I got a call from Netgear informing that my ARMOR subscription has finally been transferred from broken ORBI to its replacement. 

Anyway, I have now cancelled my automatic ARMOR subscription renewal and will start using Firewalla instead. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7