Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Must deactivate Armor trial

jerryzurek
Tutor

Must deactivate Armor trial

Armor free trial blocks legitimate sites. I want to deactivate it and wash it from the system. How do I get rid of this annoying trial?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Must deactivate Armor trial

You can't "get rid of it" because its built into the firmware. You can deactivate/turn it off though.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Message 2 of 6
macchelsea
Aspirant

The turn OFF setting is not in the iPhone Orbi app. How do I turn it off then?

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @macchelsea, welcome to the community! Upon testing, it does appear for me. The toggle to turn it off should be there as described on the steps on the link below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

May we know what issue are you encountering with Armor? We'd be glad to help out.

Dexter

Message 4 of 6
tiarowley1
Aspirant

hello,

this armour is blocking several of my home hub devices! help! tell my *** to cancel as i do not want to pay 69.99 for something i hate! 

thanks a bunch

TR

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@tiarowley1 wrote:

hello,

this armour is blocking several of my home hub devices! help! tell my *** to cancel as i do not want to pay 69.99 for something i hate! 

thanks a bunch

TR

Pretty sure if someone needs to "tell my *** to cancel" that'd be you. Not us. As well as I'd probably phrase it with a little more respect if you're asking someone to do something for you. 

You're other option is to start your own thread as your circumstances might be a little bit different. And if they aren't follow the instructions on shutting it off that are mentioned prior. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7