Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Feature: Unblock URLs with NETGEAR Armor

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

New Feature: Unblock URLs with NETGEAR Armor

CHP_PRODUCT_ARMORBLOCK_2020-3-26_COMM.jpgNETGEAR Armor’s latest feature puts you in control by allowing you to unblock URLs. While NETGEAR Armor automatically blocks suspicious and potentially dangerous websites, if you believe that a website that you want to visit is safe, you can set that URL as a whitelisted, or unblocked, URL.

To Unblock Websites in NETGEAR Armor:

1. Launch the Nighthawk or Orbi app from a mobile device that is connected to your router’s network
  2. Tap Security - The NETGEAR Armor dashboard displays
  3. Tap Threats Blocked - A list of suspicious URLs NETGEAR blocked displays
  4. Tap on the URL that you want to whitelist
  5. Tap Add to Unblocked - A warning displays
  6. Tap OK
    Armor Unblock (1).gif

Note: Use caution when you decide to unblock a URL. Malicious websites often look legitimate and might trick you into providing personal information, downloading malware, or even sending money. For more information, see Why does NETGEAR Armor block certain websites?

As one of the most requested features from NETGEAR Armor users, we’re glad to be able to add this while continue to improve the NETGEAR Armor experience. Let us know what you think about this new feature below!

Message 1 of 14
Kscelfo
Initiate

Re: New Feature: Unblock URLs with NETGEAR Armor

This feature needs to allow the typing in of URLs. It is tremendously annoying to have to unblock every variation of a URL from shorteners like amzn.to
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 2 of 14
unwdre
Guide

Doesn't work.  I had a site that I clicked unblock for and it's still being blocked.

Message 3 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello unwdre, 

May you confirm that the URL is in the "Unblock" tab.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 14
unwdre
Guide

Sure.  It actually is happening on all URLs I've tried to unblock.

https://sfdl.s3.amazonaws.com

http://cdn2.editmysite.com/js/site/main-mobile.js

Message 5 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unwdre, 

Thanks for confirming. May you try rebooting the router and reinstalling the app. Let me know if there are any improvements.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 14
unwdre
Guide

Reinstall? Meaning disable and re-enable?
Message 7 of 14
saullly
Aspirant

Is there anyway to manually add to unblock?!
It’s 4:21am and I was woken up to my phone and tablet buzzing nonstop! Are you telling me I have to click each URL and unblock the last 65 individually?! The only other option would be to turn Security off and that would defeat the purpose of even buying Security...this is ridiculous!!

Message 8 of 14
unwdre
Guide

Don't even bother.  Clicking unblock didn't do anything for me.  Those sites were still blocked.  I ended up turning it off.  Half baked product with no options/config etc. 

Message 9 of 14
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi unwdre, 

Thanks for getting back. I'd like for support to look into this further. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your contact info.

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 10 of 14
unwdre
Guide

Spoke with Level 2.  They were no help.  Suggested I submit the website to Bitdefender to review which doesn't address the issue and not a functional solution.  Will be disabling it until it actually functions correctly. 

Message 11 of 14
ZebMG
Initiate

The Unblock URL option (as reported by others here) does not appear to do anything. When I click Unblock URL, I get a confirmation that the URL has been blocked. However, the URL does not show up in the listing of Unblocked URLs (nothing shows up there) and the URL continues to be blocked.

Router Firmware: V2.5.1.8

Android App Version: V2.4.25.961

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 12 of 14
philips21
Initiate

After unblocking a site it shows up in my unblocked list, but appears there it NO option to be able to re-block a site you have unblocked? Am I missing something here? Please tell me this isn't true!

Message 13 of 14
philips21
Initiate

Ok I figured out how to re-block and unblocked site, but it doesn't work like it should.

To unblock a site you can either click on the site or swipe left.

BUT....

To re-block a site you can't click on it, you can only swipe left.

This is not intuitive and should work the same way.

I maintain a website for my church and on 4-21 ARMOR blocked three googleapis.com sites and I can no longer update my church website and when unblocking the site, including turning off ARMOR, and rebooting my router, I still cannot access the site.

Router Firmware: V2.5.1.8

Android App Version: V2.4.25.961

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7