Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RB 50 Netgear Armor and Bitdefender app for Android subscription question

camhead
Aspirant

Orbi RB 50 Netgear Armor and Bitdefender app for Android subscription question

I'm just confused about the Bitdefender app for Android that is the companion to the Netgear Armor on my Orbi router.

I just started a 90 trial for Netgear Armor on my Orbi (I intend to pay a full year at the end of the 90 day trial).

Instructions in the Armor section of the Orbi app, said I could download the Bitdefender for my Android phone, which I did.

However the Bitdefender app says it's a 14 day trial and will cost about $15 p/yr after the trial. That trial period is much shorter than the Armor trial.

I understood from Netgear that the phone protection was covered under the annual Armor subscription (right now about $70 p/yr).

So do I have the wrong Android app (there was more than one choice for Bitdefender) or is there an extra annual fee for that app plus the annual fee for Armor?

When I sign up for Armor in 90 days, will I be given a code for the phone app?  All marketing material indicates the two work together as a package, so I don't understand why I would pay $15 annually for Bitdefender/Android.  Thanks

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RB 50 Netgear Armor and Bitdefender app for Android subscription question

Hi @camhead, welcome to the community! Please make sure that you download the Android app linked below and use your NETGEAR logins when you signed up.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netgear.bms&hl=en

You may have downloaded the other Bitdefender app which is different from the NETGEAR Armor.

Dexter

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi RB 50 Netgear Armor and Bitdefender app for Android subscription question

Hi @camhead, welcome to the community! Please make sure that you download the Android app linked below and use your NETGEAR logins when you signed up.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netgear.bms&hl=en

You may have downloaded the other Bitdefender app which is different from the NETGEAR Armor.

Dexter

Message 2 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 3 of 7
camhead
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay.  Thanks for that, I knew there was a chance I had the wrong app, so your advice will address that.

The bigger issue now is that Armor loaded on my Orbi as a trial and is still showing as a trial. The subscription I paid for a few weeks ago only seems to be attached to my samsung phone.  When I had to give account info for the Netgear Armor, it seems that I now have two accounts. One has my private email and the other my work eamail as user name. I think the subscription just pulled my work email from my phone and set up a different account. So how do I consolidate the two accounts into one?  Part of the problem is that my first NetGear account was for my Arlo system and that works fine.  Again, thank you

It's having two accounts where my trial is attached to the Orbi and the paid is attached only to my phone. 

Message 4 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @camhead, thanks for the update! As for the subscription issue, it's best to reach out to Bitdefender for them to sort it out on their end and have your accounts consolidated. You can reach them here.

Dexter

Message 5 of 7
camhead
Aspirant

Thanks for explaining this is not a Netgear issue.

Evidently Bitdefender doesn't allow me to actually ask a question. It appears they charged me $69+ to cover only my phone and want the same amount for my router (which was the only service I wanted; my Orbi router).  I did searches for router, orbi and it found nothing. 

I know Bitdefender isn't Netgear, but I'm disappointed in the relationship.  Appreciate you help, but I don't think I'll get anywhere with Bitdefender so I'll just let the subscription run out.

Message 6 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @camhead, some users in the community have reported that they were able to reach Bitdefender and have some of their registration and subscription issues sorted out for them. I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7