Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000P router and Netgear ARMOR issues

ftgdc2018
Follower

R7000P router and Netgear ARMOR issues

I am a month late in renewing my ARMOR subscription. First off, it was hell and took me over an hour to find out I had to purchase from Bitdefender directly. From there, I recieved an activation code. I proceeded to log into my nighthawk app, went to the armor section, where it said expired, clicked on the renew subscription button, which prompted me to open the link in my browser (armor.netgear.com), and from there, I added my activation code. Now it is showing up as active (from armor.netgear.com) but with 0 devices, and my Nighthawk App shows ARMOR as still being expired. when I logged into my router from the browser, it also shows Netgear Armor as being expired, and there are no options there to do anything about that.... What is going on here? Am I protected or not? Why is it showing 0 devices, when it should reflect at least being connected to 1 router?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: R7000P router and Netgear ARMOR issues

Hi @ftgdc2018,

Welcome to the community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 8

Can you post the reply so that everybody can see? After the most recent update Armor login is **bleep**ing broken. It works fine on the Nighthawk app and says I am signed into Armor. But when using the web portal from my computer browser it says Armor is not activated on my device and when I try to activate it by signing into my account, it keeps failing. So as the OP asked, am I protected or not?

Message 3 of 8

@ChemicalGilroy wrote:

Can you post the reply so that everybody can see? After the most recent update Armor login is **bleep**ing broken. It works fine on the Nighthawk app and says I am signed into Armor. But when using the web portal from my computer browser it says Armor is not activated on my device and when I try to activate it by signing into my account, it keeps failing. So as the OP asked, am I protected or not?

Please disregard. A factory reset solved the issue.

Message 4 of 8
squirtst
Guide

I would like the answer to this as I am having the same issue with Bit Defender not activating through the web portal and I have a LOT of customization with IPs on my router, not interested in doing a factory reset.

Message 5 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @squirtst,

You can backup the settings of your router before doing a reset then have it restored. The links below may help.

https://kb.netgear.com/000031537/

https://kb.netgear.com/000031536/

Dexter

Message 6 of 8
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @squirtst,

Were you able to get this sorted out?

Dexter

Message 7 of 8
Neil53
Star

Does any body have a problem  with armor did a factory reset now it not working right netgear armor company tells me they call me back that was days ago started after I did there update

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7