Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus software on my Mac Pc

Cassey1
Follower

Reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus software on my Mac Pc

I upgraded my operating system on my Mac Pc to (MacOS Big Sur) , and  Bitdenfender was not working anymore, not activated. The support site told me to go login my Netgear account and select my devices and install Bitdefender software. I downloaded the file and selected the install button, and got a message saying you already have Bitdefender installed on this device, select the uninstall button and remove software and then come. back and reinstall the software. I then get an error message uninstall error can't remove , retry or cancel or contact costomer support. I contacted support, but have not got a response yet.

I was hoping someone in this forum could help me slove this issue. Any help would be appreciated. I have NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 15
Retired_5902
Initiate

Re: Reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus software on my Mac Pc

Same issue. Nothing on NetGear site.  Big Sur has been in Beta for quite the while. Would think subscribers would be made aware of issues in advance, or refunds provided for lack of service..

Message 2 of 15
Pistole
Guide

Same problem her it doest'nt work

When you try to uninstall Bitdefender de Netgaer Agent can't be uninstalled so reinstall the software is not an option.

I think that the problem is because the Bitdefender Mac Software included in Netgear Armor is from 2019 while the newest Bitdefender for the Mac is from 2020.

I have tested the 2020 Bitdefender for the Mac on a different Mac with Big Sur and its working.

Netgear / Bitdefender must solve this quickly.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 15
peppercorn
Tutor

Exact same issue here: installer cannot uninstall Netgear Agent module

Message 4 of 15
KenKorn
Initiate

I have the same issue. Plus its impossible to get support for the software even though i have a license... there is no way to register for support using the activation code.

Hey Netgear! this is a mess!

Message 5 of 15
mmz06
Guide

Hi There,

At least I could uninstall, and reinstall. But Bitdefender still fails to show the main graphical interface.

To uninstall, when you reach the message saying that "Agent cannot be removed", just exit uninstallation program (and installation one if you reach it via reinstallation), then go into "/Library" folder (the one at the root of your MacOS drive), then "Netgear" folder.

Only a folder called "Central" should remain, containing another folder called "Agent".

Now you just need to delete this "Agent" folder, by sliding it to Trash, which will require to input your admin password, and then empty your trash to be certain.

Now you can leave that folder and try the installation again, which should now occur correctly almost well (It actually cant be launched anymore), except Bitdefender, still doesn't work...

I checked the official Bitdefender AV installation package and it installs well, but in a different folder in the /Library, and refuses to import the Netgear license. The installer file seems more recent than the one provided by Netgear.

I suppose we just need for Netgear to provide this new package.

Wait and see...

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 6 of 15
smaralani
Initiate

Same issue here. They are not responding properly. Just telling that there is no support for beta. Now that alpha is out, still same issue.

Message 7 of 15
Sounfab
Initiate

Same problem here.... 😞

Message 8 of 15
ARock
Aspirant

Betreff: Reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus software on my Mac Pc

same issue here.

Message 9 of 15
Sounfab
Initiate

It works for me now 🙂
Message 10 of 15
mmz06
Guide

Yes !!! Same here !

Back to normal....

Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
peppercorn
Tutor

Works again this morning!

Message 12 of 15
Pistole
Guide

Yes it’s working again. It’s still the 2019 version. Why isn’t it upgraded to the 2020 version?
Message 13 of 15
mmz06
Guide

Very interesting question.... Smiley Frustrated

Message 14 of 15
Retired_5902
Initiate

SOLVED: Reinstall Bitdefender Antivirus software on my Mac Pc

First, follow the instructions at 

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1446/

Then, find the Netgear folder in /Library. I renamed that, in case I needed it back. and rebooted.

The Netgear Armor install of BitDefender worked after that. I deleted the renamed folder, because the install routine created a new Netgear folder in /Library.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 23 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7