Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access Point won't connect

Olafson
Follower

Access Point won't connect

Wired Tri-band Access Point was working fine until 1 week ago.  The access point continues to broadcast 2 bands (Home2.4 & Home 5G)  But, I can no longer connect laptop, phone, printer or television to the access point.  The access point is connected to a cable company provided Netgear R6300 smart Wifi router.  The router also broadcasts, but just the singular name Home.  No changes, no firm upgrades to the AP.  I have rebooted AP twice. I have not contacted the cable company to determine if there was a firmware upgrade on the router.

The Access Point is in a remote section of the house and the main router in the center of the house. 

The Insight app says that there are 9 devices connected but the detail on each device shows that the device is connected to "Home".

The primary wifi signal "Home" is weak in the remote section but all devices are connecting to that signal. Multiple attempts to connect to either 2.4 or 5, without success.  

Any advice or is the Access Point defective (just past the 90 day warranty period)?  Thank you for any help

Model: WAC540B03|Insight Managed Smart Cloud Tri-band 4x4 Wireless Access Point
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Access Point won't connect

@Olafson

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The access point is connected to a cable company provided Netgear R6300 smart Wifi router.  

Is the WAC540 connected wired or wireless to the R6300?  

What are the LED lights that are lit up on the WAC564?  Kindly read pages 12-14 of the WAC564 user manual here about LED descriptions. 

Are you able to access the web-GUI of the WAC564 if you will directly connect a PC to its LAN port?  If yes, kindly check what is the current firmware version of the WAC564.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements