Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot see Insight Instant Captive Portal

ADoppel
Tutor

Cannot see Insight Instant Captive Portal

Hi

I purchased the Insight Instant Captive Portal subscription and tried to follow this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/000061245/How-do-I-set-up-Insight-Instant-Captive-Portal-service

The regular captive portal stopped working yesterday for no apparent reason, so I tried this in order to not have to go from the office to the shop/café just to look at the Wi-Fi.

However, on step 8 in the link above, I don't see any option to select Instant Captive Portal. I've also tried to set an expiration and disable the SSID, but none of those things work either.

Has anyone gotten this to work? I have a SRR60 with two satellites for our shop/café.

The firmware is 2.5.0.108 (I only get errors when trying to upgrade to the newest version).

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ADoppel,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The article: How do I set up Insight Instant Captive Portal service? is applicable to the following access points: WAC505, WAC510, WAC540, WAC564. 

Instant Captive Portal article applies to WAC5xx.jpg

The firmware is 2.5.0.108 (I only get errors when trying to upgrade to the newest version).

I suggest you to download the latest Orbi Pro firmware v2.5.1.106 here then manually upload it to your Orbi Pro device.  After upgrading to the latest firmware, kindly observe if the same problem will occur.  You may want to reconfigure the captive portal settings as well.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
ADoppel
Tutor

Hi @DaneA and thanks for the reply!

I have now updated to the latest version, but still I don't see anywhere to configure this. It says here that the Instant Captive Portal is available for Orbi Pro as well. I already bought the Instant Captive Portal subscription too: https://investor.netgear.com/releases/press-release-details/2019/NETGEAR-Announces-the-Industrys-Fir...

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ADoppel,

It says here that the Instant Captive Portal is available for Orbi Pro as well. I already bought the Instant Captive Portal subscription too: https://investor.netgear.com/releases/press-release-details/2019/NETGEAR-Announces-the-Industrys-Fir...

With regard to your concern, let me inquire this to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  I will post here once I got a feedback. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
ADoppel
Tutor

I still can't get the captive portal to work. I sent 2 emails to support saying I want a refund and cancel the portal since it doesn't work and nobody can tell me how to set it up. Netgear hasn't even replied to those emails either.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements