Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight Instant Wifi Optimization with WAX6?? series APs - Impact on Live Environment and Useability

SimonSu63
Aspirant

Insight Instant Wifi Optimization with WAX6?? series APs - Impact on Live Environment and Useability

I have been trying to optimize my live environment of 6 x WAX630 and 2 x WAX610Y

This is a difficult LIVE environment with roaming PED (Credit Card) terminals, staff and guest networks.

There are 186 unknown networks nearby.

2.4Ghz Band is restricted to staff and PEDs approx 20 devices

5 Ghz Bands are open to staff and guests, max 150 devices, but typically less than 50

I would Love Instant Wifi Optimization to work without disrupting my network. 

If I turn on "Instant Wifi" with Auto Channels and Power, Optimization on with any schedule and  and it spends at least 24 hours messing about with my system causing numerous dropouts on critical devices.

As far as I know it will continue "messing about" with my settings making my network unusable for practical purposes; because it keeps causing drop outs.

At this time I have worked around it by allowing an optimization to run for at least 30 hours with the schedule to "None" and then forcing the discovered channels to manual to prevent any more "Messing About"

Has anyone else had nightmares with "Instant Wifi" breaking connectivity, however brief, to their clients devices?

What is "Instant Wifi" optimization doing?

How long does a first run take?

How long do subsequent runs take; do they start from scratch or improve upon the model/results of the first run incrementally?

When do scheduled runs take place and is there any way to force them to run between 2 am and 6am; is the schedule time derived from the time I press the "Optimize" button?

Does a first run differ from subsequent scheduled runs in respect to its level of "Messing About" ?

Right now it feels to me as if there is an untrained "Infinite Monkey" pressing buttons at random and that if my network reaches any sort of stable and reliable condition; that this is pure chance; the Monkey won't notice and continue pressing buttons; thereby breaking things once more. 

Is this process a machine learning model.. does it start from scratch on every run or use transfer or differential learning?

Help

Best

Simon

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Insight Instant Wifi Optimization with WAX6?? series APs - Impact on Live Environment and Useabi

There is nothing that takes minutes or hours. 

Consult the "Learn More" pop-up and then the advanced settings with the scheduling options with the "Allow Devices to Trigger" FMI.

Instant WiFi Description.PNG

Instant WiFi Advanced Settings.PNG

Message 2 of 3
SimonSu63
Aspirant

Re: Insight Instant Wifi Optimization with WAX6?? series APs - Impact on Live Environment and Useabi

Sorry, but that doesn't help at all.

I am trying to work out what instant Wifi Optimization is doing, for how long and when.

My observations show that it is changing channels and power levels for 24 hours on first setup and then for 20 to 30 mins on subsequent runs. 

The changes it makes are disrupting my network causing outages and packet loss.

Does anyone have any detail on the "Instant Wifi" algorithm and what changes it makes while running.

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements