Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight VPN Solution for MacOS

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Insight VPN Solution for MacOS

I am a current Netgear Insight customer and have purchased several Netgear Insight devices including: (2) BR500 routers, (3) GC728XP switches, and (3) WAC510 for a small business I volunteer for. I've setup my organization with all Netgear devices because I was tired of the price of Cisco SOHO gear and the reliability. The organization I support has invested quite a lot of money for a small business to build a network that is now built around Netgear's Insight managed devices, but now I feel like I may have made a mistake. Last year I tried setting up a client VPN connection on my Mac and was having trouble. I noticed there were a lot of people having issues on this forum when Apple changed their OS and Netgear no longer supported the changes. I saw several posts on the community forums that Netgear was working on a solution. Like others I've been waiting very patiently and even purchased another BR500 so that I could at least create a site-to-site VPN from my home to the organization I support, but now I see a message that says MacOS is just not supported anymore. I really need a client VPN solution that allows me to connect while I travel. Are there any plans to update support for an Insight VPN client for the MacOS? Are there any workarounds like an IPSec VPN setup?

Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Insight VPN Solution for MacOS

@Retired_Member,

As a workaround for the VPN Client, you may want to try using Open VPN.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I've tried using Open VPN, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Retired_Member,

Found this old community post here that might help you.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements