Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7000V2 Parental Controls Options

mugfors
Aspirant

C7000V2 Parental Controls Options

I was wondering why there are no options for parental controls in the Nighthawk app. I had a Netgear router that had Circle and I found it helpful for keeping my kids off the internet when I needed it. Is it NOT an option with this unit??
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: C7000V2 Parental Controls Options

Might be able to set up a pihole on it and do some site blacklisting. theres quite a few ready-made for parental controls/site blocking. 

I've done that before. 

when the little monsters get older, they'll figure out ways around it but works fine for younger ages. 🙂 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

the C7000 modem/router combo unit has never had that capability. Maybe its something to do with it being a combo device. Not sure why they never supported it. 

Message 2 of 5
microchip8
Master

If you can modify the DNS servers on the C7000, you can use NextDNS' parental controls.

https://nextdns.io/
Message 3 of 5
mugfors
Aspirant

Yeah, I dropped the ball when I bought this, I didn’t realize it was a combo unit, sometimes reading is hard……. :^(
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Might be able to set up a pihole on it and do some site blacklisting. theres quite a few ready-made for parental controls/site blocking. 

I've done that before. 

when the little monsters get older, they'll figure out ways around it but works fine for younger ages. 🙂 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7