Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

MR60 Parental Controls not working

niallg
Aspirant

MR60 Parental Controls not working

I signed up for free trial of Parental Controls. None of the features work. In addition access control through the app no longer works since I activated the parental controls. Does anyone know how to disable the SPC so I can at least go back to using access control? Using latest version of app and v1.1.6.122 router software. And yes I’ve rebooted several times.
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Parental Controls not working

Message 2 of 7
niallg
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion. I already tried that. Access control does not work beyond version 122. I opened a ticket for that and spent hours on the phone with Netgear to provide logs etc. It was never resolved.  I just want to get back to where I was before I activated Parental Control with access control working. I guess worst case I can start over with a new account. Or perhaps when the trial times out it may start working again as before.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

After loading newer FW, did you factory reset the MR and setup from scratch using the NH app then see if SPC is enabled then? 

@DarrenM @KevinLiT 

Message 4 of 7
niallg
Aspirant

Yes. I did a factory reset and a setup from scratch.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended.

Message 6 of 7
niallg
Aspirant

I have a dual WAN setup. Arris NVG443  (Frontier) plus unknown fixed wireless receiver (Surfnet) feeding a Peplink Balance 20  connected to the MR60. All CAT6 cables. Same setup I had.  Only thing I changed was to enable the Parental Controls.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7