× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

314 reviews or personal experience?

yatesd
Aspirant

314 reviews or personal experience?

Any reviews or personal experience with the 314? I am very tempted to get this for home use to store photos and videos. I wish there was more info on this product. I want a good NAS but don't want to overbuy either. Will probably start out with (3) 2T drives.
Message 1 of 4
hmuessig
Luminary

Re: 314 reviews or personal experience?

Hello yatesd: I have been working with a 314 for about two weeks now. I've got three 2 TB WD Red drives. So far a very good machine, good performance. In uploading photos and videos I'm seeing anywhere from 25 to 110 MB per second over a gigabit network. The transfer speed does depend on the size of the files. The overhead to read/write small files results in slower speeds.

As has been noted numerous places on this forum, the OS is buggy and incomplete. I often feel like a beta tester (which I was for years for Apple and Microsoft).

Note I started out with a 104 and found it underpowered.
Message 2 of 4
JRedford
Aspirant

I just purchased this for a small business I work for (about 10 employees) and should be receiving it in the next couple of days. I purchased mine off shoppingexpress.com.au for $598 with 4 new Western Digital RED 3TB drives at $155 each. I'm going to be transferring about 3TB of data onto it from the old NAS so I'll see what performance I get and post back here.
Message 3 of 4
yatesd
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback. Please keep everyone updated on your experience or if you find online reviews. Of course, now I just need to wait for this to go on sale!
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements