× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Copying a USB stick with 30 GB data to the NAS doubles the data volume from 1,5 TB up to 4 TB

TT_DE
Luminary

Copying a USB stick with 30 GB data to the NAS doubles the data volume from 1,5 TB up to 4 TB

i copied data from a us stick of 30 gb onto the nas. the data volume doubled from the former 1.5 TB to almost 4 TB.

The USB stick was encrypted with mcafee.

Does anyone have any idea what the cause may be and how I could delete the incremental data ?

Model: RN51661D|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay 6x1TB Desktop Drive
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Copying a USB stick with 30 GB data to the NAS doubles the data volume from 1,5 TB up to 4 TB

@TT_DE wrote:

i copied data from a us stick of 30 gb onto the nas. the data volume doubled from the former 1.5 TB to almost 4 TB.

Does anyone have any idea what the cause may be and how I could delete the incremental data ?

Never seen this before.  The encryption of the drive shouldn't matter.

Maybe delete some of the oldest snapshots and then run a balance from the volume settings wheel.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
TT_DE
Luminary

Re: Copying a USB stick with 30 GB data to the NAS doubles the data volume from 1,5 TB up to 4 TB

@TT_DE wrote:

The Firmware ist 6.10.2

Snapshots are activated

Message 2 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@TT_DE wrote:

Maybe delete some of the oldest snapshots and then run a balance from the volume settings wheel.

Message 3 of 5
TT_DE
Luminary

@StephenB wrote:

@TT_DE wrote:

Thank you for your feedback & recommendation.

Will try and report afterwords.

Message 4 of 5
TT_DE
Luminary

@TT_DE wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@TT_DE wrote:

Thank you for your feedback & recommendation.

Will try and report afterwords.

Just startet the rebalancing process and the occopied volume reduces step by step.

I am wondering what caused the doubling of the used data capacity. At the end the issue has been solved.

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Best

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements