× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D-Link DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

knutal
Aspirant

D-Link DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

According to the official hardware compatibility list this is incompatible. I have been running this for a week with my ReadyNAS Duo now, and no errors, no problems. Works like a charm.

Perhaps one of the RAIDiator updates made after 2006 when the entry was made has solved the problem?
Message 1 of 8
jacout13
Aspirant

Re: D-Link DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

I confirm : this switch works well with XP 32 and with W7 64.
I encountered no problem since August 2009.
Message 2 of 8
Mrsubject
Aspirant

I used D-Link DGS-1008D for 3 weeks combined with the MultimediaPlayer Popcornhour A110 and i always had problems with streaming HD Videos.
Now i replaced D-Link DGS-1008D against an older 100 MB switch and my problems are fixed.

So, I definetly had problems with this switch.
Message 3 of 8
Elect
Aspirant

Problems occur with Jumbo Frames. 3 seconds full speed, after that it drops to 2,3 MB/s
Message 4 of 8
eea123
Aspirant

I have the D-Link DGS-1016D which I believe is the 16 port version of the DGS-1008D, but have not yet enacted jumbo frames. We are noticing loss of the mapped drive connection, but can remount with a double click. I may exchange it under OfficeDepot's 30 day policy. They were out of the HP ProCurve 16 ports when I placed my order.
Message 5 of 8
eea123
Aspirant

Follow up on jumbo frames, we tried it on the DGS-1016D and it slowed down the system. Have had it in the network since March. Seems to be holding.
Message 6 of 8
zigdapig
Aspirant

I had a lot of problems with the 5-port version of this switch (DGS-1005D). Dropouts of shares for a few seconds about every minute or so...
This was in combination with the DI-624 router.
Now I removed this switch from the path (so now only the DI-624 router is used), and everything works like a charm now.
Message 7 of 8
PapaBear1
Guide

Please note my response to your post http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=67271. In my opinion, I would not recommend any D-Link switch with any of the faster Netgear units (ARM or x-86 based) as they seem to give problems.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements