× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Logitech Media Server on Ultra 4+ with Firmware 6.10.1

Orange_GT3
Aspirant

Logitech Media Server on Ultra 4+ with Firmware 6.10.1

Hello,

I have completed the upgrade of my Ultra 4+ from Radiator 4.2.31 to OS 6.10.1 but I am confused as to which version of Logitech Media Server (LMS) I should be installing.

I was using version 7.7.6-i386-readynas.bin. OS 6 does not accept .bin files so I downloaded 7.9.2_i386.deb. That seemed to install, the logs confirm this, but nothing shows up in the installed apps listing and I also cannot access the LMS web interface via /my-nas-address:9000.

Can anyone please help me get LMS up and running?

TIA.

Model: RNDP400U|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 6
Orange_GT3
Aspirant

Re: Logitech Media Server on Ultra 4+ with Firmware 6.10.1

OK, I worked this one out for myself. I just needed the amd64.deb file. It still doesn't show up in the OS 6 interface but LMS is there and now up and running.

Message 2 of 6
viperhansa
Virtuoso

There is a version in APPS you could use...

I have not tested that since i'm not running LMS.

regards

// Hansa

Message 3 of 6
Orange_GT3
Aspirant

Thank you. I did see the NT version in the app list but I wasn't sure of its purpose since there isn't a description. I assume it has been modified to show up in the OS 6 interface.

The version that I installed, the latest from the Logitech servers, is working fine though.

Message 4 of 6
Supertramp11
Luminary

I'm using LMS on a PRO with OS 6.10.1

If you install LMS_1.0.9_all.deb after installing LMS, you will see the app in the OS 6 interface.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ie9pwk1wut72ias/AAASNUx2cSo0TNIqRjNXime9a/Logitech%20Media%20server/7.8.0...

Everytime you want to upgrade the latest nightly, stop LMS, uninstall, install the new LMS and install the above file. Doing this since many years and works perfect.

Message 5 of 6
Orange_GT3
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. Good to know there is a solution to displaying LMS within the OS 6.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements