× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10200 not connecting to sagemcom f@st 5366

Benpar
Aspirant

RN10200 not connecting to sagemcom f@st 5366

I am having an issue with my RN10200 with a new modem router, Sagemcom F@st 5366 supplied with my new service. The NAS will not communicate with router. No communication lights flash when plugged in, i have tried all ports and multiple cables.
Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Re: RN10200 not connecting to sagemcom f@st 5366

Are you sure the ethernet ports in the sagemcom work?  (are you able to test them with another device?).

Message 2 of 7
Benpar
Aspirant

Yes, i have a security camera system that is working and i have confirmed it works in every port
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Benpar wrote:
Yes, i have a security camera system that is working and i have confirmed it works in every port

Ok. 

Have you tried both ethernet ports on the NAS?

It might be worth seeing if RAIDar can find the NAS. https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads Sometimes the NAS is connected properly to ethernet, but isn't getting a DHCP address.

Do you have a switch you can put in between the NAS and the router?  If the router has "green ethernet" features, then it is conceivable that is interfering with the ethernet autonegotiation.

Message 4 of 7
Benpar
Aspirant

There is only one ethernet port on the RN10200.

RAIDar does not find the NAS.

I don’t have a switch, but will try as soon as I can.
Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Benpar wrote:
There is only one ethernet port on the RN10200.

My bad, of course you are correct.  For some reason I was thinking an RN202/RN212.

@Benpar wrote:

I don’t have a switch, but will try as soon as I can.

Maybe also directly connect the RN102 to the ethernet port of a PC, and confirm that that link lights are lit.

If  that works and you use wifi on that PC to reach the internet, you could regain access to the NAS files on that PC by assigning an appropriate static address to the PC's ethernet port.

Message 6 of 7
Benpar
Aspirant

The switch worked, so I’ll stick with that solution for now.
Thank you for your help
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements