× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RND2000v2 that looks like a v1 (RISC CPU)?

mIRChele
Follower

RND2000v2 that looks like a v1 (RISC CPU)?

Hi, I have a ReadyNAS Duo that actually runs v4.1.16 firmware. This should be the last firmware available for RND2000v1 devices. However, a few days ago I discovered (by looking at the sticker in the bottom) that the device is actually a RND2000v2, which features an ARM CPU and can be upgraded to firmware 5.3.13 . However, when I check via ssh cpuinfo it says that the CPU is an IT3107 which should be RISC-based, so it should still be a v1. I'm a bit confused right now. Maybe it's a v2 and it's emulating v1's CPU (I don't even know if it's possible)? I'm a bit confused right now. Here are the screenshot of the cpuinfo and photos of the device itself:

cpuinfo from terminalcpuinfo from terminalSerial infoSerial infoDevice frontDevice front

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: RND2000v2 that looks like a v1 (RISC CPU)?

The labeling is confusing.  The "v2" label on the bottom of your NAS means it is hardware revision 2 of the original (v1) Duo, which uses a customized Sparc CPU - not ARM.

The easiest way to tell is to look at the front panel.

• The original (v1) Duo says "ReadyNAS Duo"
  • The v2 Duo says "ReadyNAS Duo v2"

So no emulation going on, and your NAS is already running its final firmware release.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements