× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 RN10400 disk s capacityupgrade

ReadyNAS 104 RN10400 disk s capacityupgrade

Hi. I have a ReadyNas 104 and currently I have in 4 4TB disks each.

The firmware is 6.9.3

I would like to use larger disks but I do not know if they are supported by my nas. Has anyone had any positive experiences using discs with a capacity of 6 or 8 or 10 TB?

Thank you.

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4-Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 RN10400 disk s capacityupgrade

Hi @sergio_fucchi

ReadyNAS OS 6 units supports larger than 4TB disk sizes, RN104 currently supports upto 12TB as listed on the HCL though the HCL is not always up to date 12TB is still the largest size disk at the moment in the market.

Also, there are newly designed disks that has a different mounting slot, If you purchased one of those you can check this thread on how to mount it on the ReadyNAS disk trays.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-ReadyNAS/Update-Disk-Trays-to-handle-newer-disks/...

IMO, the only thing that you might notice if you'll be using larger disk size might be the re-sync time due to the specification of the RN104, but nevertheless the capacity that you might be thinking of using will be supported by RN104.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 3
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 104 RN10400 disk s capacityupgrade

Hi @sergio_fucchi

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements