× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS RNDU4000 lost password....

tortv
Follower

ReadyNAS RNDU4000 lost password....

Hi,

I initialized my RNDU4000 a year ago or so but put it away shortly thereafter because I got another NAS more suitable for me.  When I now try to log in it does not accept any of my common NAS passwords.  I have stored a couple of hundred GBs on the drive so I don't want to run a factory reset.  I have tried the /password_recovery in the web GUI but apparently I didn't save the security questions and email address so it times out, stating that recorvery is impossible.  There is no 'Hold RESET button' message either so that does not work. 

Then I changed boot mode to OS reinstall hoping that would reset the password to the default 'password'.  It seems that it worked but immediately after it requested a new login to /shares, where the default password does not work.  Aaargh....

How do I get in to this NAS so I can configure it properly and regain access to the files currently stored on the drives.

Thanks a lot for help on this.

regards

Tor

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS RNDU4000 lost password....

If you are running 4.2.x firmware (likely), the default admin password is netgear1

If you converted the NAS to OS-6 the default password would be password.  Either way, the OS reinstall also sets the network configuration to use DHCP, so it is possible that the NAS IP address has changed.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements