× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNas OS6 EOL

John245
Tutor

ReadyNas OS6 EOL

@netgear 

Will the OS of the ReadyNAS EOL in June 2022 as the extended support of the uderlying OS will stop?

What is the path forward? Did Netgear communicate anything?

I will appreciate an answer from a Netgear employee, as in the case support will realy end I need to set-up a migration plan.

---

John

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Tagging @JeraldM (not sure if the general netgear tag will be picked by anyone). 

Message 2 of 4
Laserbait
Luminary

I'd love to know more too.  If Netgear is going to mothball the ReadyNAS line,

and/or if the older RN2xx and 3xx have a path moving forward.

Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

For a company that claims to support the business community, the current out-of-date condition of ReadyNASOS and total lack of any information on a path forward is just unacceptable.  I suspect IT managers across the globe who were foolish enough to buy ReadyNAS or ReadyData (another totally abandoned product, though migration to ReadyNASOS was possible but not made available) have put Netgear on their unapproved list, probably for all products.  I would.

For my own personal use, I'm not at a point of giving up.  But the frustration mounts.

But a collegue did recently ask for my recommendations on a NAS.  My reply:  Avoid Netgear.  I didn't even try to sell him one of my used ones.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements