× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 102 FTP transfer speed ?

PhilStark
Aspirant

Readynas 102 FTP transfer speed ?

Hello all,

I own a Readynas 102 and I have a question about FTP transfer speed. I checked in the community but couldn't really find an answer.

When I copy/paste files from my computer to my ReadyNAS via the Windows (10) explorer, speed is pretty OK/good.
I have a 1 Gbit fiber internet connection. My computer is directly plugged to the network via RJ45 cable and so is my ReadyNas.
When I upload via FTP (through Filezilla), the speed is VERY slow (around 5 hours for a 50Gb file).
Is there a way for me to change this and boost speed of upload via FTP ?

Thanks for your help.
Phil

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 102 FTP transfer speed ?

• Is the FileZilla client also running on your local network? 
  • Is it set up to connect to the NAS by it's local IP address, or are you using a DDNS name?
  • Are downloads running at the normal speed?

Also, what firmware are you running?

Message 2 of 4
PhilStark
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply @StephenB 

- Yes, same local network.

- I'm using DNS name to connect. (EDIT : tried with IP address / same speed)

- D/L is faster (~10 Mio/s) than U/L  (~3Mio/s) but still slow.

Thanks,

Phil

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

FWIW, I get 10 megabytes a second upload and download using 6.10.2 firmware on my RN102 NAS and FileZilla 3.45.1. Not sure why I'm limited to that - I tried setting upload/download limits at 99999 KB/s on the NAS, but the speed didn't change.

Enable FTP and Enable FTPS were checked.  Force FTPS was not.  I had 4 passive ports allocated (though that shouldn't matter, since I was testing with a single file).

But you should be able to get 10 MB/s on the upload path too.  Did you try testing from a different client PC?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements