× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Volume disappeared overnight. no drives failed, nothing in logs

capea4
Aspirant

Volume disappeared overnight. no drives failed, nothing in logs

Hello pros!

I have been using this NAS since 2011 without many issues. Its holds a vast media library that is accessed by apple tvs in 7 locations using the Infuse app. I did upgrade it to os6 last year, after my brother got a new nas and i saw the interface. It has been fine for about a year. one night the infuse couldnt find the library so i rebooted the NAS. Happens onece in a while. I have transmission, couchpotato and sickrage running.

after the reboot, nothing would connect, so i dialed its ip and the gui was fine. after clicking Volume, i got an error stating there was no volume. and to creat one. on the volumes page all drives are shown as spares? and show no ata errors. i show a (volume?) on the left with two sections, one says data containing 7.2T of data. no free space, raid 5 with a red dot and nothing under settings other than Destroy. (7.2T is what i had used in my volume) the second is blue data, with nothing on it, no free space and no raid. also can only be destroyed. 

I have limited understanding, but it seeems i lost my volume with out loosing a drive?

due to the newer os, support has declined to help (after charging $75 they say they will refund.

The system contained 5 2T drives and they all appear fine. can this be a repairable glitch? hardware issue? If i pull a drive and reinstall, it resyncs for about 4 hours with hundreds of Resyncing started for volume data

volume data resynced

errors in the log 

any advice would be fantastic

Model: RNDP600U|READYNAS ULTRA PLUS 6 |EOL
Message 1 of 5
capea4
Aspirant

Re: Volume disappeared overnight. no drives failed, nothing in logs

this phot is the log from the start os the loss

Message 2 of 5
capea4
Aspirant

this is what the log is full of page after page

Message 3 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @capea4

Welcome to the Community!

Do you have fuil and updated backup of your data? Might possibly be a Filesystem error or a full volume capacity that got the NAS in this situation.

Have you tried booting your NAS on Read Only Mode? If you can try and see if it will let you, kindly download your data.

Were you able to download the logs? You can send this to us through PM by Google drive or Dropbox.

If you have your data backed up, it might be wise to do a Factory Default instead.

You may also want to PM @mdgm-ntgr as he might be able to help

Regards

Message 4 of 5
capea4
Aspirant

it WAS a "key error" in the superblock. it wanted one number higher than i had. i deleted the superblock info witch removed the btrfs file system. thats when i gave up and made a new md127 and tryed to sync it. didnt work. lost everything and started over

thanks though

charlie

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements