× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What has happened to the ReadyNas support team? The forum and search feature is terrible.

MrCyberdude
Tutor

What has happened to the ReadyNas support team? The forum and search feature is terrible.

Check my profile, I have been an active poster, 500+ posts from 2006 until some years back when I got too busy to participate.

Recently all the add-on links didn't work, however, they seem to today.

Came looking for an SMB2 update for ReadyNas NVplus v2 (NV+v2) and Netgear has not provided it while other NAS companies have.

Netgear routers and a failure to update a Java menu in their current product some years ago was their first strike for me, There have been many other issues around a lack of support but this is the final straw when it comes to me buying or recommending Netgear.

Netgear needs to either stop sacking their developers or task some devs to maintain the basic functionality for EOL products. Maybe start with maintaining a usable forum with threads and read counts would be a basic start, followed by stopping the practice of archiving articles so nobody can see them.

Shame Netgear Shame, Raise your standards.

MrCyberdude (former ReadyNas Jedi)

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: What has happened to the ReadyNas support team? The forum and search feature is terrible.

@MrCyberdude wrote:

What has happened to the ReadyNas support team? 

Most recent ReadyNAS OS-6 platforms were launched in 2017, and all are EoL.  Pretty clear to most of us that Netgear has exited the NAS business.

@MrCyberdude wrote:

Came looking for an SMB2 update for ReadyNas NVplus v2 (NV+v2) and Netgear has not provided it while other NAS companies have.

The final firmware update for the v2 was 30 May 2017.

@MrCyberdude wrote:

...search feature is terrible.

Agreed. Best to use google with site:community.netgear.com

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Re: What has happened to the ReadyNas support team? The forum and search feature is terrible.

@MrCyberdude wrote:

What has happened to the ReadyNas support team? 

Most recent ReadyNAS OS-6 platforms were launched in 2017, and all are EoL.  Pretty clear to most of us that Netgear has exited the NAS business.

@MrCyberdude wrote:

The final firmware update for the v2 was 30 May 2017.

@MrCyberdude wrote:

...search feature is terrible.

Agreed. Best to use google with site:community.netgear.com

Message 2 of 4
MrCyberdude
Tutor

Thanks @StephenB ,

Hopefully, the community can rely on your help for years to come.

The ReadyNas community was fantastic when Netgear was supporting the staff and had programmers in-house.

I'm surprised some of the former staff didn't start their own site and work on basic add-ons such as smb2 updates.

I couldn't even get the SSH add-on to load.

On a positive note, if you have people in the community come and cannot load FrontView they can try installing K-Meleon Portable Browser as that works when Edge, chrome etc do not.

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/k-meleon-portable

By the way, all of the following NAS devices I have listed are still working (except for SMB2)

Netgear ReadyNas RN516 6x6TB Dual Redundancy, Pro Pioneer 6Bay Raid6, Infrant X6/600RevisionA With Horizontal HDD Mod, Netgear NVPV2 4 Bay Raid6 aka NV+v2 aka RND4000.

Cheers 

MrCyberdude 

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@MrCyberdude wrote:

On a positive note, if you have people in the community come and cannot load FrontView they can try installing K-Meleon Portable Browser as that works when Edge, chrome etc do not.

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/k-meleon-portable

Good to know.  This add-on from @WhoCares_ solves that problem for the v2:

My own list of ReadyNAS includes a Duo v1, and NV+ v1,a Pro 6 (-200), and RN102, RN202, RN524, and RN526.  All remain operational, although I did need to replace the PSU in the NV+ (which failed a few months before the warranty expired).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements