× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iOS & iPadOS Camera Upload Freeze/Stall

BobFord
Aspirant

iOS & iPadOS Camera Upload Freeze/Stall

I am trying to upload my Photos from iPhone and iPad (both running latest iOS/iPadOS as well as the ReadyCloud app (also NAS is running latest OS from Netgear)) but the process keeps freezing and I have to close the app and try again.

Does anyone have any ideas about getting the upload process to work on the entire set of photos without aborting.

BTW doesn't matter if I'm on the same network as the NAS or remote

Model: RN628X|ReadyNAS 628X - Ultimate Performance Business Data Storage - 8-Bay
Message 1 of 4
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@BobFord 

Welcome to the community! 

I tried to replicate the issue that you were having but the photos I'm trying to backup to the NAS shows up fine on the NAS where I've set the backup folder.

Just to confirm, the ReadyCLOUD app version is version 2.0.7, (2073) which can be seen by clicking the hamburger menu of the app and the ReadyNAS firmware version is v6.10.6.

If the version matches, kindly do the following:

• Login to the admin page of the NAS and go to Cloud then make sure ReadyCLOUD is enabled with the correct email
  • Go to the ReadyCLOUD app logged in with the same email and go to Media Backup then click Enable

If the issue still persists, please let us know and kindly take screenshots if ever you encounter any error messages.

Regards, 

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
BobFord
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. The problem with this is that the issue is selective. I have an iPad Pro which backsups perfectly. All software on NAS and on iPad/iPhone is uptodate (I have aspergers, it's important lol). It is the other iPad Mini and iPhone where the problem of process stop (no error messages - it just stops uploading and even waiting overnight does not change the situation). I am focussing on my iPad Mini at present and some uploads will be a few (a dozen, maybe 20) others, I might get a couple of hundred or so - it's all very random.

Message 3 of 4
Hawk321
Apprentice

It’s broken since months and reported several times. First time that I ever see a Netgear staff answering to that topic. Don’t waste your time and move on ^^
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements