× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ready Nas NV+ maximum drive sizes

petebob796
Aspirant

Ready Nas NV+ maximum drive sizes

As far as I can tell the officially largest supported drives for the readynas nv+ are 1TB at present. Is this likely to increase as larger drives are released?
Message 1 of 6
bollar
Aspirant

Yes. If the NV+ has the latest firmware, it supports drives well in excess of 1TB. I have installed 1.5TB drives in an NV+ without a problem.

I see the FAQ hasn't been updated, but I believe that 8TB drives are theoretically supported.
Message 2 of 6
chirpa
Luminary

The ReadyNAS can handle up to 64TB per volume. Who knows when disks come out like 8TB to get near this limit.
Message 3 of 6
jmirabil
Aspirant

2 TB drives are officially released by WD--not Seagate, surprisingly--as of yesterday:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/158428/w ... drive.html

I would love to upgrade my greenpower drives to these drives once they make the compatibility list! thx!
Message 4 of 6
mrplow2k69
Aspirant

Anythoughts on a new update to this thread? 4.1.8 just came out but it is saying that one of the limitations is drives bigger than 2tbs are not supported.....
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

This is a very old dead thread from close to 3 years ago and there are several newer ones.

There is no GPT support for Sparc as 3rd party kernel development for Sparc stopped well before GPT support was added. Hence drives larger than 2TB in capacity are not supported. This is highly unlikely to change.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements