Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Losing Wireless Connectivity

Petervoip
Aspirant

Losing Wireless Connectivity

HI

I have a Nighthawk R7000 modem (I have no idea why it isn't in the drop down menu above).  Anyway, using the Network Genie I connect up the Wireless to my network and it confirms it is connected.  Yet a few hours later when I check again on the Genie it says I am not connected.  This is very annoying, can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Losing Wireless Connectivity

Hi @Petervoip,

The reason why the NETGEAR Genie indicates that it is not connected under WiFi Connection is because it detected that the device where it is installed is using a wired connection or it is not wireless capable. I assume that the desktop is able to go online.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Petervoip

The model is not listed because you are posting under Wireless N.

Anyhow, I just moved this post to the right board (Genie).

Regarding your concern, what's the operating system of your computer? 

Where is the Genie installed? On a tablet, smartphone or a computer?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? When the Genie says not connected, will you not have any internet access at all? 

Some people are claiming that the Genie would say not connected but they in fact have Internet access. Is it the same for you or no internet all?

Message 2 of 4
Petervoip
Aspirant

My operating system is Win 10 and the Genie is installed on my desktop.

I havn't tried a reinstall and no Genie is still connected as I have a wired connection to the desktop.  All other devices in the home are wireless.

I will try the reinstall and advise.

Many thanks. 

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Petervoip,

The reason why the NETGEAR Genie indicates that it is not connected under WiFi Connection is because it detected that the device where it is installed is using a wired connection or it is not wireless capable. I assume that the desktop is able to go online.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7