Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie Android App Login Failure, need help for troubleshooting

love_cisco
Tutor

Netgear Genie Android App Login Failure, need help for troubleshooting

I'm trying to login using the Genie app on my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet.  When I enter the password, I get the following message.  

The NETGEAR router was not found or is not supported. Make sure that your mobile device is not connected to the router's guest network and that IPv6 is not enabled.

I am connected to the primary network and IPv6 is not enabled. I can browse to router IP 192.168.1.254 on the Nexus 7 tablet's and login successfully.

My router firmware version is V1.0.3.46_1.1.32.

Model: R8000

The Genie version is 3.1.28

My Nexus 7 (2013) software version is Android 6.0.1

I have tried the Netgear Genie app on iphone 6 plus, Huawei P9 plus smarphone, none of them worked.

I also did the unistall and re-install the Netgear Genie app on all devices, still not working.

I can use my computer web browser access the netgeare router, that works fine.

Need help for this, please?

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 8

Re: Netgear Genie Android App Login Failure, need help for troubleshooting

Is this Local access?

Did you try feeding in the IP address to the Android genie?

Message 2 of 8
love_cisco
Tutor

yes, it is local access.

I also input the router local IP address in the Android genie, but still not working.

Does Netgear router has the debug CLI like Cisco router for futher troubleshooting? 

Message 3 of 8
nonamenoname
Aspirant

What is the solution for this?

I installed Genie. Logged it yesterday. Conected with OpenDNS for parent control. Was working today on my Router Nighthawk X6 R7900 on firmware V1.0.1.3 (not sure about the version). Then I updated the firmware

V1.0.1.18_10.0.20

I can login from laptop, I can login via the browser of Androin phone, but not from Genie.

Message 4 of 8

@nonamenoname wrote:

I can login from laptop, I can login via the browser of Androin phone, but not from Genie.

Is that the desktop genie? (The standalone utility?)

That also has the option of feeding in the IP address. I have to do that. The genie got sick some time ago.

Message 5 of 8
love_cisco
Tutor

Windows 7 desktop Genie works OK, but the Genie for android and apple ios not working. I believe you can easy repeat this problem. 

Message 6 of 8

@love_cisco wrote:

I believe you can easy repeat this problem. 

Unfortunately, no, I cannot repeat this because the Android genie works on my Nexus 7 (2013). I just feed in the IP address.

Remember, you have to be logged into the wifi before you use the Android genie.

Message 7 of 8
nonamenoname
Aspirant

It is Android application.

I restarted everything it did not help.

I entered IP it did not help either.

Then I did factory reset for the router. After that I managed to login.

But, after sometime (I did not work with application) it I cannot login again, but with different message - Connection is busy try later.

What does it mean I do not have any clue. What helps to restart the router. But I cannot (and do not want) to restart the router every time I need to use application.

Another issue with the application - connected diveces do not appear in the Android application. I see them on web client, but they do not come on the application.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7