Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App for Android "Your router is unreachable"

B_Hinote
Aspirant

Nighthawk App for Android "Your router is unreachable"

I have a Nighthawk RAX35v2 with the latest Firmware V1.0.15.128_2.0.89. 

I can connect to the router from all of my devices and access the internet as expected.  I am also able to administer the router from my browser without issue.  However, when I try to connect using the Nighthawk app, from my Android Phone, it says "Your router is unreachable".

I have:

1. Rebooted the router several times
  2. Cleared the cache and data from the App
  3. Uninstalled and Reinstalled the app completely (Latest Version was installed.)
  4. Confirmed I am on the latest Firmware

When I originally set up the router in 2021 I was able to use the Nighthawk App and have used it a few times since, but nothing I have tried is allowing me to get past the initial sign-on now.

What else can I try?

Thank you and Happy Holidays.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk App for Android "Your router is unreachable"

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-...

Is NH app up to date?

Message 2 of 8
B_Hinote
Aspirant

The latest version of the app was installed when I Uninstalled and Reinstalled the App.

My Android does not have the use random MAC setting.

Thank you

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Android do you have? 

Message 4 of 8
B_Hinote
Aspirant

I am using a Galaxy S7.

Message 5 of 8

@B_Hinote wrote:

I have a Nighthawk RAX35v2 with the latest Firmware V1.0.15.128_2.0.89. 

Connected to the Internet through which modem/ONT/gateway?

PS Thanks for adding the version number after the "latest Firmware" claim. Too many of those boasts that appear here are just plain wrong.

Message 6 of 8
B_Hinote
Aspirant

The modem is a Spectrum EU2251, DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA internet cable modem.  Hardware version 2.76.2.

This modem was upgraded in the past 3 months to allow me to receive the 300 Mbps speed being offered by Spectrum.

If I am connecting my Cell Phone via the Router's WiFi, does the Modem still have an impact on the Nighthawk App's ability to connect to the Router?  Because you have asked about it I am guessing it does and assume this is because the App is communicating over the internet back to Netgear and then coming back to the router.

Anyway, I was able to connect to the Router in the past but I cannot guarantee that I have used it since swapping out the Cable Modem..

Thank you

Message 7 of 8

@B_Hinote wrote:

The modem is a Spectrum EU2251, DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA internet cable modem.  Hardware version 2.76.2.

Plain cable modem with no router bit to interfere with the network.

If I am connecting my Cell Phone via the Router's WiFi, does the Modem still have an impact on the Nighthawk App's ability to connect to the Router?  Because you have asked about it I am guessing it does and assume this is because the App is communicating over the internet back to Netgear and then coming back to the router.

If it is just using the router's wifi, then that should have no effect on the Nighthawk app.

The app does connect to the Internet. That is so that it can use Anywhere Access to allow you to access the router when you are away from your own wifi network.

You should be able to login to the app on the local wifi, ensure that Anywhere Access is enabled and then fill in the login details for your MyNetgear account. These are not, by the way, the same details as you use to access the router itself on the app.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7