Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk App not compatible

MartinDrew71
Aspirant

Nighthawk App not compatible

I've just setup my Nighthawk D7000v2 (including registering for a Netgear account) but the Nighthawk App is stating my router is not compatible with the App. 

Any Suggestions/Advice

kind regards

Martin

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk App not compatible

Message 2 of 8

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Netgear is trying to kill the "genie" app by forcing the Nighthawk app on people. But the latter is inferior to the genie and does not support many devices.

Netgear says that it will not update the genie app, but this does not mean that the existing version will not work.

Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using the NETGEAR genie app? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

Message 3 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Martin, There is no word of the Nighhawk App in the D7000v2 documentation - what has triggered the idea that you should install and use the Nigthawk App? Indeed, the D7000/D7000v2 is (like any other xDSL and cable router product) - even those sharing the marketing name - not supported by this App, at least as of writing....

Message 4 of 8
MartinDrew71
Aspirant

When I registered a new account and entered my router details into the Netgear website I was automatically directed to download the Nighthawk app.

Message 5 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Sigh - silly Netgear marketing - @Christian_R please.

Message 6 of 8
MartinDrew71
Aspirant

I have firmware: V1.0.0.41_1.0.1

if I click on update I get the message I have the latest version

Message 7 of 8

@MartinDrew71 wrote:

I have firmware: V1.0.0.41_1.0.1

if I click on update I get the message I have the latest version

That guarantees nothing.

It usually works, but there can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

The only way to check is to visit the support pages for your device.

If this really is the D7000v2 listed in your message, it is not the latest.

Indeed, there is no version with that number for the D7000v2 or for the D7000v1.

D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

D7000v2 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7