Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Not supported in Nighthawk app

AzAyA
Initiate

Not supported in Nighthawk app

I just purchased this brand new modem router and not able to get it set up in the new nighthawk app. It’s states that it’s not supported.
This is a brand new top of the line modem router that was expensive and I can’t set it up in this new app, please help?
Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Not supported in Nighthawk app

@AzAyA wrote:
I just purchased this brand new modem router and not able to get it set up in the new nighthawk app. It’s states that it’s not supported.
This is a brand new top of the line modem router that was expensive and I can’t set it up in this new app, please help?

I don't know where you read that the Nighthawk app supports this device. It isn't on this list:

Which products support the NETGEAR Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find the documentation.

You can get the Quick Start guide there.

You may find that the Netgear Genie appworks with this device.

Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using the NETGEAR genie app? | Answer | NETGEAR Suppor...

This predates the Nighthawk app.

Message 2 of 4
AzAyA
Initiate

I just typed Nighthawk and this app came up so I downloaded it and tried setting it up. If my device is called Netgear Nighthawk then I would, like many others, assume that the Netgear Nighthawk app would work. Just saying. I have the Netgear Genie app and it’s working great so far.
Message 3 of 4

@AzAyA wrote:
If my device is called Netgear Nighthawk then I would, like many others, assume that the Netgear Nighthawk app would work.

You and I may think that, but Netgear needs to update the firmware on your modem/router for that to work. Sadly, your Internet service provider controls the firmware on your modem/router and  most seems to be reluctant to update firmware on third party hardware.

@AzAyA wrote:
I just typed Nighthawk and this app came up so I downloaded it and tried setting it up.

Wasn't there a bit of paper in the box that told you what to do?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7