× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to setup XR500 efficiently with Fritzbox 7560 Modem

Lashn
Aspirant

How to setup XR500 efficiently with Fritzbox 7560 Modem

I have an XR500 connected to the back of my Modem (FRITZ BOX 7560) and it isn't really making much difference i still ping spike up past 100-150ms even with ther outer running! The router is connected into the back of my modem via ethernet cable and i'm not sure if i set this up properly? So i'm wondering if i should do a router reset and set it all up again with some tips that i can gather from this website. My modem is connected to a phone jack via ADSL  filter splitter which is how i recieve my internet! Any information is gladly appreciated and i will take any i can get! I spent alot of money on this beast and i really want to utilize the potential this router has!

So please, teach me how to set this up properly!

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 3
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: How to setup XR500 efficiently with Fritzbox 7560 Modem

Hi Lashn,

When are you seeing these ping spikes and how are you measuring this? It's possible you have a general problem with your line, so I recommend you run a PingPlotter test and post your results here so we can take a look at them. Here's a quick guide on how to do this: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

As for the XR500 itself, I recommend you follow our optimal settings guide to make sure each feature is setup as good as it can be for your connection: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077071-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-acce...

Thanks,

Jack

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to setup XR500 efficiently with Fritzbox 7560 Modem

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the NG router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7